my 2yr old son refuses to potty train well he goes pee in the potty but wont poo inthe potty what do i do im at my wits ends with him!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Me too! I've taken a complete break from it because me stressing about my 2yr old not pooping is just gonna make her not poop! Good luck! I'm starting back in about a month, then she will be 2 1/2.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Hes not ready yet. My son is almost 2 and a half and he just got potty trained a month or so ago. All other times we tried failed but this time really caught on and we have been accident free for weeks!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Boys are harder to potty train anyway
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sounds like he is not ready...take a break for a couple of months and try again.....boys often take longer...some are 3 or 4 before being trained. It's not worth the stress on you or him if he isn't ready. :-)
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• He's not ready. You are pushing and he's pushing back. They want everything to be their idea at that age.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Make sure that he sits on the toilet to go EVERYTIME! Girls learn to poop in the potty faster because they have to sit to pee, so inevitably they end up pooping on the potty without meaning to. Boys need the same opportunities to poop on the potty. Trust me, he will learn to stand on his own to pee soon enough.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Kids tend to see pooping as a part of themselves being flushed down a toilet. When my daughter was pooping in her pants, I took some and put it in the potty when she wasn't looking. When she got up from the pot, I made a huge deal of it like she actually did it. I never had another problem with it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my son it the complete oposite he goes poo not pee...

kiya_ma

Answer by kiya_ma at 11:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Have you tried the 3 day method? It worked like a charm for us, and DS refused to poop in the potty before that. Poop took longer than pee, but he got it. When he starts to go, RUSH him to the toilet. If there's poop in the undies, plop it into the toilet (flip the undies to let it fall in). There's more to it, but I have the ebook if you want it. It worked really well for us, and might be the ticket if he's already got pee down, but you need help with the poo.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It sounds funny but kids have an emotional attachment to their poop. Start by showing him your poop in the toilet-and then flush it down saying bye bye poopy! Then take his undies to the toilet and dump the poo into the toilet and say bye bye poopy! Tell him he can make more later-but that he doesn't want to keep the stinky thing around!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2010