school lunch

If my child forgets her lunch a lot at home how can you make a point to your child about it? My child will not go w/out a lunch because she can always use her lunch ticket to replace the lunch she left at home. How can I make a point then??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Have the child make the lunch the day after each time they forget, let them see the effort that goes into making it and simply forgetting it all the time is inconsiderate. If you already have them make it themselves then put it somewhere every morning that they would have to grab it.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Make her pack her own lunch.
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 2:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am sure the school has some policy where you can say "I do not want you to give my child food, cancel their lunch account" let them know that you will provide food and disapprove of her receiving it from school.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• quit buying her a lunch ticket? either that or stop packing lunch & let her buy it.
    Anonymous

• tell her what school lunch is made of and what its doing to her body.
    gracellen

Answer by gracellen at 5:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• She is in Jr High/High school she needs to do it herself or just tell you she wants a school lunch. My kids make their own lunches if not buying them.Started at age 6 1 st graders.
    myzero

Answer by myzero at 6:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2008