I'm so devastated and depressed, I need advice on how to overcome heart break, How did you get out of a bad relationship?...Please!!!!!

My SO and I have been separatedfor awhile but we occasionally have sex and talk on the phone everyday. When we first stated our relationship he was great but not too much later he became an emotional taker, meaning that he took and took and never gave back emotionally. If he didn't get his way he would either get really upset or cry to get what he wanted which was usually sex. Even when I was pregnant he demanded so much of me emotionally because he was going through alot that I became critically depressed when I was pregnant. I fell into his stupid games and come to find out he was cheating on me through the whole relationship. I was so locked into this relationship that even after we broke up I still gave him what he wanted. I don't know what this hold his. He really likes someone else and I think respects her much more then me. Ever time I try to break away I get depressed..deeply. I feel foolish and stupid... I feel like I cant stand on my own two feet...I need reassurance that I can do this...break away. How did you get out of a bad relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Well how long were yall together ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• 3 years
    Which is nothin to some people
    He was my first
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You CAN stand on your two feet. You need to break off all ties, hes using you and the longer you let him the longer you are going to feel miserable about not being with a man who really cares. Take some time, it's not going to get better in just a few weeks or days. Bond back with your friends, go out, have fun.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You will never forget your first, or your childs father, but later you will think wow I can't believe I ever saw anything in that man.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• im sorry your going threw this sweetie but you need to stop having s** with him & be honest with him & say no cause you dont deserve what he is putting you threw you dont need him in your life &yes you can stand up for yourself i may not know you but i do believe in you i have faith in you once you stop & just worry about yourself & your child & you will move on & you will be happy again & when the time is right you will find love again i know you will just believe inyourself & be positive
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Take time to know yourself and love yourself, once you love yourself and realize how important, unique, and valuable you are, you will never allow anyone to treat you like any less than the beautiful and amazing woman that you are. it's kinda like having a rare and extremely valuable diamond, if you had it and were trying to sell it, you wouldn't just allow anyone to come up and give you their pocket change would you? No, you wouldn't because you know what it's worth. Same goes for your love and companionship, which to the right man, are far more valuable than any diamond :) in the mean time cut off all ties with him (i know it's hard), occupy your time with other things, time heals everything, good luck :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 10:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I was with a guy 5 years, thought he was everything only to find out he was sleeping around on me 8 times, always seemed to make it my fault that it happened, and made me feel like crap. It took me a while after I left him to really get over it, even a year later I still thought I wanted to be with him (was lonely and thought it was better than nothing) but it took me finding my fiancee and really seeing what a real man is worth and how good he could treat me to realize that the other guy was no good. Its very hard and yes it will make you depressed, but you have to look at how he treats you and know that its not healthy for him to be around you, even if that is is baby. You dont deserve it and the baby doesnt need to grow up with that kind of a person to look up too (meaning him) drop him completely and go out with the friends that make you feel good, talk to someone about how you feel too that will support you.
    sandrab2011

Answer by sandrab2011 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Best way, find a new man just to hang out with not have sex with. Sorry you are going thru this.Think of all his bad points ONLY that will help too.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I was n a 7 yr relationship. He didn't cheat, but was abusive n all ways. I was very n luv with this man n the beginning. But he changed thru the yrs. It got 2 the point that everytime he did something 2 hurt me I would just distance myself from him more & more. After a while any luv I had for him was G-O-N-E! When that happened I left & never went bk. Just distance urself from him, think about how badly he treated u & just allow the luv u have 4 him 2 die. That worked really good 4 me. There was no heart break at all. Good luck.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You need to get away from him once and for all. If you have to get a restraining order. Emotional abuse is just as bad as physical abuse I know I've been there. The thing is you blame yourself in a sense, when the emotional problem is really his. Move if you have to Cut all ties with him and don't let him know where you are..
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010