What would you do to someone who molested your 5 year old child? Please read the whole thing before you answer.

I always knew what I would do, but what if it was your OWN 12 year old kid? You didn't know he or she had been molested themselves in the past, and they turned around and molested your younger children. What would you do with your 12 year old?

In case you are wondering, no, this is NOT a troll question, this is my first ever anon question, and yeah, this IS happening in my family right now. I will share what we have done so far after I get some responses. (I don't want to bias any answers with my own.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• therapy now
    in all honestly i would write to dr phil because i would want the best therapy and the right direction and idk i would really just try and get him ot help you i'm serious
    i relaly would
    i am so sorry
    i will pray for all of you
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• cant even begin to give you an answer, because honestly i dont know! But I bumped you, hope you get some good advice! Prayers!!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would get all the kids counseling IMMEDIATELY. I'd leave it up to a professional to tell me exactly how to handle this, as it needs to be handled in the precisely correct way.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Buy a burial plot i believe its called personal justice
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• wow thats a really tough one. Counselling absolutely. I would separate the 12yr old from the 5yr old definitely. Try and teach them that it is absolutely wrong to do that. I'm really at a loss for suggestions. I hope that all will work out in the best interest for everyone
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Wow, this is really a hard one. I'm so sorry to hear you are faced with this. I have actually known a family in which this happened. My friend's brother actually attempted to have sex with her when she was eight. She held it in for 10 years, when she finally told her mom. Her mom was more sad and dissapointed. She cried a lot. I know it's not what everyone wants to hear, and I'm not a Bible thumper but she had a very close relationship with their God and it got them through it. They both got married to perfectly normal individuals, and both have children and normal lives. They do therapy, and heal on a regular basis.

THere is a difference between a predator and a confused, injured child.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would make his life a living hell!

Answer by older at 10:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would hurt the sonofa that did it and I would get away with it because I would plead temporary insanity. Then after I seriously damaged him I would get my kid in counseling and make sure they knew they could talk to me whenever they needed. I went through that when I was 15 and I probably wouldnt still be f-d up fom it if someone would have just listened instead of telling me they didnt want to hear it
    Rockabye

Answer by Rockabye at 10:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• To Misteh, did you happen to read that the person molesting her child is her OTHER child? How is she suppose to turn her back on her other child that has also been molested?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Are you guys not reading the entire question? The person who molested her children is her other child, who was molested himself.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010