what are some old wives tales that just make you want to laugh?!!!

"all babies are born with worms" LMAO! My mother in law has said that countless times to me, and she actually believes it!! (and she meant human babies)

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That you have to toughen up your nipples before you breastfeed.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That if something scares you while your pregnant, your baby will be born with a birth mark shaped like what frightened you. Oh, and if you raise your arms over our head, the cord will strangle the baby. Oh, and if you cut your hair by the moonlight, it will grow back faster.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• "If you cross your eyes like that they will get stuck!"
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I heard that one too when I was pregnant with my first! I scrubbed them everyday and it did nothing LOL
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you eat all your food it won't rain tomorrow
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• "If you have heartburn during pregnancy, it means your baby already has a lot of hair."

This one became a bit of an annoyance after my daughter was born, because she had thick curly hair from day one. After a while, I got so tired of people looking at her "lucious locks" and saying, "I bet you had terrible heartburn!" I didn't experience a hint of it, by the way. I wanted to say, "She was in my uterus, not my stomach!"
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 10:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @ ErinHill226:

My mom always asks me to trim her hair when the moon is waxing, so it will grow faster. Seems to work too! :)
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 10:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Actually, according to "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" having heartburn is an indication of your baby having a lot of hair. The hormones which cause the baby's hair growth also cause increased acid production in the mother.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I had horrible heartburn with my daughter and she was bald.... my son I had no heartburn and of course he had alot of dark hair lol go figure
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• A guy I used to know refuesed to sleep with the door to his room closed because his mom told him the breeze coming in under the door would make him sick. Funny, just think of how much air is going to get in with the door all the way open. And what about that celing fan? He also tucked his shirt into his underwear thinking it would keep him from getting sick.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 10:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010