Do all kids deserve a gift?

Yes, they do!

I have a friend who can't afford gifts for her two kids this year. They are a 5 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. I want to buy them for her, but haven't told her just in case I have an expected bill or something...but I'm pretty positive I can get them each a few things a few things to share. Can you guys give me ideas for what kids that age may like that isn't toooo much? I'm thinking a doll for the girl and maybe some toy food...and this toy drum set for the boy...maybe a couple games like candy land and then coloring books and craft supplies. Any other ideas? I don't wanna go broke doing this since I have two kids myself, but it's breaking my heart. I know it's partially her husband's fault, but her kids shouldn't have to pay...and they are old enough now to realize that it's Christmas.

I posted anon because I don't want people telling me I'm nice and all that. I think you should give without getting "glory" for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol if you want to do something nice for your friend dont get her son a drum XD XD XD XD
    lol no but if you know the kids you'll know what they'll like
    <3 may god bless you
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i have a 5yr old girl.. she loves craft anything(you can get super cheap things at Michaels that are fun and cute crafts..all children love new baby dolls, that is perfect! I dont have a boy, but i have a 3 yr old daughter.. my 5 yr old is more into candy land & games than she is..so id go for army men, leggos(the big kind) maybe some race car things! Even if you got them one thing each im sure your friend would be VERY grateful!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I actually do not know these kids AT ALL. And yes, I know about the drum...LOL. But my daughter's getting a piano, so I don't think that I should suffer alone. LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Try craigslist for cheap toys-there are a ton available, esp this time of year.....if your friend is that bad off, have her try Toys For Tots....or a local church.
    I don't know much about girls....but boys always like cars, trains, balls...blocks....duplo legos....
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I suggested those things to her, and she always has some excuse. If I'm being honest, this friend annoys me to no end but I have known her since sixth grade and feel a slight sense of obligation because she has had a tough life. She is trying NOW in terms of finding work...she finally has a job but there are a lot of things that i won't get into how she ended up in this predicament. But she doesn't do things to help herself a lot of the time. She was never taught to...but her kids have nothing to do with that because they are children. She IS trying NOW...but she's already said she doesn't have gas to get the free toys, and she has said that they are too young to remember this year, so I'm not sure she will unless somebody steps in. But again, her kids do KNOW it's Christmas, and picturing them getting no gifts makes me sad because they didn't do anything wrong. KWIM?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my opinion... at this point your friend must be very devistated at the fact that she is unable to give her kids what they what so I think that she will be more then greatful that her kids will be getting something under the tree. If you really want to know what her kids want just try to engage in a conversation with her about the situation and just slip in the "what did the kids ask santa for xmas" question and go from there.
    cantmoveon

Answer by cantmoveon at 10:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I asked her pretending I was gonna dig up some used toys of my daughter's (which I may also do) and she said her daughter likes babies...and she went off in some entirely new direction when talking about her son. So she never did tell me what he likes...just that he pees on his toys. ??? LOL.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't know what else to tell you--from what you have said it doesn't sound like she cares a whole lot which is sad....(also the 3 yo peeing on his toys is a little disturbing).....if you really want to do something, I'd suggest dropping something off anon on Christmas day with a tag saying from Santa.
    Either your friend is too prideful or doesn't care. Either way, you are right--all kids deserve a gift on Christmas!
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yeah nice doll & craftsupplies & a nice christmas dvd & a nice christmas book
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• dolls for girl & anything washable for the boy -- sine he likes peeing on them lol..
    anything reusable.. try to find toys that u can give each of them, but they can both enjoy.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2010