11lbs- sleep thru night

have you heard of that?
when a baby reaches 11 lbs they will begin to sleep through the night?? my husband is being very persistant that this is true. and a girl from hsi work said the same thing and says that this is also in -what to expect when you're expecting, or your babys first year?

its annoying me. every child is different.
when did your child sleep thru the night. my first took 3 months until he slept 6 hours...

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 10:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are right every baby is different. There is no magic weight or size babies reach that makes this happen. Some babies will sleep 5 or 6 hours from the time they come home from the hospital. Where others are 18 months old and still not sleeping strait through 6 hours at a time. You did nothing wrong and 3 months is an amazingly short amount of time for sleep deprivation!!! I know it didn't seem that way to you but I know mothers who go there first year without more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. My daughter was 7 weeks the first time she slept 6 hours strait and 2 months when she slept 8 hours (she weighed nowhere near 11 lbs at that time). There may be books that say this as a general rule..but there are always those who don't fit into the majority.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• LMAO!!!! my dd is double that and wakes every 3 hours!!! she is 10 months old! she used to sleep all night from 2months to 5 months but then started teething and it was all down hill!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes I've heard it. Personally, all 5 of mine started sleeping at least 8 hours by 2 months and they weren't 11 lbs yet.

Answer by missanc at 11:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That's hilarious. Yea, tell DH when baby reaches that "magical" 11lb mark that he can get up with him/her if he wants proof it's not true.

My first slept through at age 2... so he was probably 24-25lbs? My second slept through at 3 weeks, so he was probably 8lbs? The funny stuff people come up with... haha!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 4:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• LMAO...I heard that there is a weight requirement before they "can" sleep through the night but my son didn't sleep through the night till he was about 15 months old.
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010