I would like to start my own business, but don't know how and have very little start up money. It is something I have always wanted to do and n0w I need to do. Help!

I am the mother of 2 beautiful girls, newly seperated from husband and getting ready for a nasty divorce. I really need to fulfill my dream of having my own little business for me and the girls. Problem is Stbx was the major bread winner. We(my oldest daughter-age14) really believe that our business will do well if we could just get it started.

mykidzfirst2

Asked by mykidzfirst2 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go to your state Government web site. They usually have info about this, gl.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• What type of business are you looking to start? That will really be what mandates what steps you need to take.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• are you looking for a buisness to start? Or do you know what you want but dont know how to achieve it?
    hirschichocolat

Answer by hirschichocolat at 10:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have seen a lot of good businesses to start at home, I like these sites: www.jobsformoms.synthasite.com and www.nicheaffiliates.synthasite.com. Good luck.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Man, I hate to have such a negative answer but here goes:
    Unless you hit the jackpot with a GREAT and I mean GREAT idea, and you are super skilled at the business side of business (taxes, regulation, marketing, networking, employee relations....) then it will be very very hard for you.
    I became a small biz owner at 23 yrs old and it was actually one of the worst mistakes of my life, even though we were fairly sucessfull.
    You will make MUCH more money and have MUCH less stress and MUCH more time if you concentrate your efforts towards becoming qualified in a lucrative field. (ie healthcare), and go to work for somebody else, where THEY have to pay the payroll taxes, ect. on you.
    If you have to get a student loan to do it, well its better than getting a business loan that will bankrupt you.
    Anonymous

• To add a positive note to the above answer, if what your thinking is something that you can do part-time as a side thing (not expecting to really make any money at first) then do that while you work for someone else. and then later IF there is opportunity you could expand it and when it actually becomes profitable if it really is your dream then you could take the risk and quit your job.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 1:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You can start your own at home business for as little as $49.00 with a fantastic candle company! I have been very successful in only a little over two years! You can sign up in five minutes and be on your way! Check out my website for more info...www.mygc.com/JackieHaserick
    CandleLady800

Answer by CandleLady800 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I sell Miche Bags---think about it. Start up is very very low..and you really can make money at it. It is not an MLM.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2010