When you see a solider out in public....

do you say anything to them ( like Thank you ) ...

The other day at the store, we were standing inline and there was a young guy dressed in his camo ( tan colors ) .... and another man came up to him and told him he appriciates him and shook his hand.... I just thought that was soo nice !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I both approach them and thank them for their service!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Just curious, why would you ask this question anon? It's a great question..My son is in the military and he gets embarrased when strangers do that, but I can tell it makes him proud :) I always thank them :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• always thank them.... they deserve much more :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• lol I accidently clicked anon... I do it alot lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No, I don't. I would find it horridly annoying if I were a military person and people kept coming up to me every time I went to the store... People, military or not, deserve their space and privacy... A uniform does not spell "Come talk to me."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I absolutely thank them and I'm certain to do it if my children are with me so they can be appreciative as well.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If I did that, I would be a very busy woman! :)

My husband is a soldier, and we live next to Fort Hood (I was raised around here too). I have often seen people (usually older men) thank him for his service. Once, we were out and he was in his Class A's (dress uniform), and a gentleman came up and thanked him. Later, the waitress informed us the gentleman had paid for our meal!
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 11:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My dh is active duty Air Force and he gets thanked a lot (as do I) and we honestly appreciate it each and every time. It makes my husband so proud to know that there are still people out there who appreciate their work and their sacrifices. We went out for breakfast one morning before DH had to be in to work, and he was in his ABU's and someone paid for our breakfast for us and told the waitress to just tell him Thank you for his service. It's just a wonderful feeling for them, so please tell them thank you!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My son is the USAF and gets thanked all the time. I am proud of him...and I think he appreciates the kind words.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My husband gets that everywhere he wears his uniform. He wore it for my father's wake and funeral and so many people thanked him for his service and the honors he gave my father.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010