Sick baby not eating help please

How long can a baby around 4-6mo go without eating a normal meal? My lo is sick with a cold and I don't know what to do. (yes we did go to the doctor and they said just offer but didn't give us guidelines) :(

Edit:

Baby ate 15 oz today not the usual 32oz tried nursing and she won't  :(

Haven't tried pedialyte? can you and how much?

She has a triple whammie a cold, pink eye and an ear infection (first time sick ..sigh)

went to doctor's and is on antibiotics now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DRS.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• What do you consider a normal meal? What is the illness? Have you tried offering pedialyte to keep him/her hydrated?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• As long as your baby is taking in plenty of fluids the appetite will come back soon. If your baby is not consuming much liquid then I would be concerned. Otherwise just keep a close eye on him/her.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• he/she wont take a bottle or nurse??? or are we talking baby food? if its been over 8hours with out any bottles or nursed i would start to worry about dehydration! how many wet diapers has she/he had today?? baby food doesnt matter its just for fun! call the doc or go to the ER if u are worried!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You can always call a nurse line. They'll tell you what you can do as far as keeping the baby hydrated, what you can her/him and how much, and if/ when you should take the baby to the ER. I called one when my son had the flu and was vomiting every half hour, I felt so relieved after talking to them.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my baby was sick not 2 long ago n she wasnt eatin much either but when she was feelin better she started eatin better. her nose was stopped up really bad n she couldnt breathe when she was eatin it was kinda frustratin but she ate enough 2 keep her hydrated if your baby goes bout 8 hours wid no liquids idd call the doc back n u can give em pedilyte id call the doc bout how much though
    babymamadrama06

Answer by babymamadrama06 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• for the ear infection ive found that a warm wash rag held behind the ear seems to help the pain a little and it will help kill off the infection. with my son when he was sick and wouldnt eat i would freeze pedialyte and crush it up like a slushy and spoon feed it to him, he loved it and it made him feel better. hope it helps, best of luck.
    AbsynthLynn

Answer by AbsynthLynn at 3:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010