I live in New Jersey, have 2 girls and desperatly need a home. We are currently living in a one bedroom apt. that has too many bad memories for being with my soon to be EH. We really need a home but have very little to none finances available. Is there anyone who can help or knows how a soon to be singel woman with two children and a beautiful feline can purchase a home?

mykidzfirst2

Asked by mykidzfirst2 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I also live in NJ....If you find an answer let me know. It is so hard here even when there are two salaries. Now more than ever it is still so hard to get a mortgage. The say housing has gone down but it still is not realistic. I wish that I could help you. You are not alone.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• In San Antonio the gov. helps out needy families with places to live, they determine how much your rent will be based upon your income and monthly finances maybe they have this program out where yall live.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I wouldn't run away from that home because of that...I would paint it and decorate it and make it your style as much as possible.I would buy your daughters nice things or take them on a mini vacation..But,I know what you mean about bad memeories and I see your point.But,I think it would be more stressful,to move out,especially with the lack of jobs there is these days...I would save your money from moving costs,first and last months rent and all the hassels moving puts on you.I used to remeber my ex's from songs we heard on the radio,to the smells of perfumes.I think going to counsling or getting it from people,will help you more right now...It all depends on you..Hope all works out!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Why don't you just rent a bigger apartment? That seems more sensible at this point in your life than buying a home. Plus, you don't need to put as much money down. Good luck.
    Anonymous