Ever feel like you're the only mom who actually LIKES her kids?

I noticed recently that when I go to stores and public places, I never see happy families! In particular, it seems like every mother I see is either yelling at her kids, or just saying mean things to them, or ignoring them completely. The mothers and their children look so....depressed. When my daughter and I are in the store (she is 2), we laugh and play, and I answer her questions about things she sees, and I tell her the names of the different produce, etc. I called my sister one day as I left Wal-Mart and asked her, "Do you ever feel like the women in our family are the only ones left that actually like our kids?"

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 10:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• when we go to the grocery store. my dh takes our dd with him and i take the baby with me but we're always goofing around, i love my babies! :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I like my kids. I just hate taking all three of them on major shopping trips.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• boy kissing momI looooovvvvveeee my baby, but then again sometimes when I've had a stressful day being a single mother, sometimes when I go shopping with my son I dont always look the happiest. Seeing me once on that stressful day may make someone think I dont like my child or I'm depressed but if they were around me all the time they would see it was just a bad day.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I love my boys. They hate shopping.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Oh believe me, I know all about bad days, and days when you don't feel like the most attentive mother. It just seems to me that people in general just aren't happy.
    KarmicChild

Comment by KarmicChild (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yeah i feel like that a lot at stores. othe rmoms are always so frustrated. but i have to remind myself theyre probably just streseed out and probably struggling to keep their kids behaving in the store so they just get frustrated and forget to be happy. i hate when i see an adult and child together who i feel like, they must really not like their kids it just makes me so sad for the kids
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I especially hate seeing those parents with a kid who is just sitting in the cart or walking beside them, and yet they are barking orders at them, or if the kid quietly asks something, they just blow up at them.
    KarmicChild

Comment by KarmicChild (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I must that is disturbing and can ruin a really good day for me.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree. Especially in social situations? I can NOT be the only mother out there who complains about her kids just to "fit in" cuz if i said "umm.. yea.. my son is a-frickin-MAZING" I'm sure theyd say I was stuck up and stop speaking to me lol
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• maybe they are unhappy just being out of the house or how their kids act in public. it don't mean they are generally unhappy with their kids.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2010