did you hear this

a 4 month old baby died from cough medcine the relative gave him to much and died who would give a 4 month old cough medcine

yankeegirl87

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I suppose there are many ignorant people who would give a 4 month old cough medicine if they did not know any better. The parents should have made sure the person looking after their baby knew what the hell they were doing.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• seriously. most of my relatives/friends dont want to give their kids any type of cold meds until theyre around five... my boys are 1 and ive never even considered it.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i'm confused was it like regular adult cough medicine?
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 11:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You're the third person I have seen to post this. And yes, his Aunt gave him meds. Which in her day would not have been uncommon. The woman most likely didn't know better. Things have changed A LOT in the last 20 years and things that we see as "common knowledge" today were "commonly done" back when this woman was raising kids. Hell, do you know how many parents STILL give their kids Benadryl to get their kids to sleep? This woman made a mistake, and it cost her nephew his life, I can't imagine what she or the family is going through... But you and everyone else that wants to jump on this woman need to understand that in her day, when a child wasn't feeling well, you gave meds, there was no understanding of side effects or whatnot for most people. She did what she felt was best, she didn't know better, and I'm sure it's killing her... They need your prayers and support, not more lectures and stress!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @lovingedward it was the kids kind and @sabrina im not judging her and yes my prayers are with her and her family
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That Was Not Good Judgement Personally
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think its prefectly acceptable for peoepl to lecture and talk about her. You knwo why? Because a baby is dead. THAT is worse then what the woman is going through. Who cares how she feels? Who cares if she knew better or not? Ignorance is not an excuse when it comes to an innocent being's life. She isn't the one who suffered the most in the situation.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• babies shouldnt be given cough medicine at all. like hell they'll get my prayers.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2010