if my baby sleeps in his swing

will it be harder for him to sleep in a crib?

lovingedward

Asked by lovingedward at 11:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope! All 3 of my children slept in a swing (by their choice) until they were about 4 months old and they all transitioned just fine! I say if they are comfy and happy, you are comfy and happy!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't think so. My youngest son slep in his swing for his 1st 6 month due to acid reflux and he slep in his crib just fine after.
    CarVan

Answer by CarVan at 11:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Nope. Those first about 6 months ( depending on the baby) the baby should be as comfortable as possible. Be it held by you, rocked, or in their own crib. Nothing you do right then can really effect how they will sleep later because they need to be comforted and cuddled then. They don't understand anything else. My son slept in his swing the first month or so. He was premature and had problems keeping his food down. I was always scared he would choke. Plus we had one of the starlight swings.. so he would watch the pretty lights above him while he went to sleep. He went just fine into his crib after that.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2010