has anyone ever had this? (tmi)

im 36 wks and 5 days pregnant. i got up at 5am and threw up and went to the bathroom. my stool isnt hard!!! i take iron pills so i know it should be. I threw up again and i am still running to the bathroom. any ideas why? anything i should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Why are you taking extra iron? Are you anemic? You definitely don't sound dehydrated, but throwing up and diarrhea will lead to dehydration. If you are sick with a flu bug, your body may not want you eating (hence throwing up) so that it can focus on killing the virus. Try drinking chicken broth (for protein) and keep taking your vitamins. You could also try a protein shake mixed with water - but you will know what your stomach can handle right now. Eat easily digestible foods.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 11:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Get rest and drink lots of fluids. If it doesn't get better in a day or 2 then see you doc. I had this happen around the same time. It could either be a bug or sometimes your hormones can just mess you up.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Like sbastille worte drink fluids and broth and get rest...call your OBGYN though and let them know what is going on with you. They may have you come in to see if you are getting dehydrated or not. GL
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• sounds like the flu i am on iron to and it makes me have the runs
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 10:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2008