for anyone with lip piercings or snake bites???

ok my friend has a snake bite on her left side of her lip and well jus the otherday she noticed like a bumb in the inside of her lip does it mean its infected she wants to know if its infected wat can she do to get it better

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Health

• What type of snake was it? Even constrictors can have toxins in their bite, which makes infection more likely. It could also be a reaction to the bite if there was bacteria or toxins from the bite. or it could simply be her body trying to heal. My advice would be to see her doctor if she is worried.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I suggest that she goes back to her piecer and ask them. You never know for sure, but they will know if its normal or not. Thats what they are there for :) Mine got really red and I had them check it out.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 11:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• if there is green pust coming from where it was pierced then yes it is infected.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 11:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• no green stuff aint coming out it like in the inide of her mouth where the ring is like it has a ball and the skin is inda poped out sorry if that dnt make sense best way i could have described it
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If it's just a bump, it's probably normal. I had a bump with my lip piercing (which was supposed to be spider bites, but I decided to just keep the one), but it eventually went away. The only pus that came out was white, which is normal with any piercing. Is it red and/or swollen, or does she just have a bump? She needs to use warm saltwater on the outside to clean it, and rinse her mouth with it, too. OR she can rinse with a mouthwash that does not have alcohol in it (like the Crest kind). I used that kind of mouthwash because alcohol is just not good for rinsing your mouth, period, and it can cause irritation. More than likely, if it's not swollen around the piercing, or hurting and red, it's just a normal bump that might not even be related to the piercing.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• not sure, but here's a bump
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010