Do ppl still send Thank You cards?

Want to send a Thank You card to someone for their thoughtfulness. Do ppl still do it?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 11:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I always do. I think it's the right thing to do. It seems like society is truly lacking in the consideration and etiquette department!
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I just got done writing them for my father's funeral.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my son just hand wrote his from his birthday (he is 7)!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think that they are very important! I feel like we don't take the time anymore to show our appreciation to one another.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I do not. I believe it's a great waste of paper, postage and time. If you want to tell someone thank you, tell them, but I don't see the reason for written thank you notes.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I appreciate thank you cards so I send them. You can't always call people to tell them thank you and it's a nice reminder of how much you cherish what they did for you. When I was little if I didn't send thank you cards I didn't get gifts the next year.
    I always wonder if people even received gifts that I send because I never hear back from some of them.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes - always. My rule for my kids is that they cannot play with/use a gift they receive until they have written a thank you note for it.

Answer by missanc at 11:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Thank-you notes were the number 1 priority when raising our boys. They are now 20 & 24 and still send them. If someone is kind enough to get me something or do something for me a personal Thank-you is the least you csn do :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Absolutely! I think it is one of those "old-fashioned" gestures that should never go out of style. Sending an e-mail or telling someone thank you in passing just doesn't cut it, when you really appreciate what they've done. I just interviewed a family friend for a term project, and I'm sending him a written thank you note for taking the time to do something he didn't have to do.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yes people still do it but not often
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2010