Broken candy dish and want to get a new one?

so on thanksgiving my son broke my cousins Patseys candy dish. It was a crystal dish oval shaped and the bottom was very unique like points on the bottom. I just found out it was my great grandmothers and I feel worse than when it happened. I want to find one to replace to give to Patsey for Christmas, I know it wont have the same value to it as the first one but its the thought of saying Im sorry he broke it. Where could I find one at?

Magen85

Asked by Magen85 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• Macey's? TJ Maxx, Marshalls?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If it was an old one I would look on ebay.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Are there any markings on it--like Lenox, Waterford, Swarovski, Baccarat, Belleek, Orrefors, Wedgewood, Villeroy & Boch, or Royal Doulton? If it was GENUINE crystal (and not a cheap imitation that just LOOKED pretty) and your great grandmother bought it, then it would likely have one of those brand names on it!

You can search on Ebay or any of the larger outlet stores online or at an outlet mall for less expensive pieces--because they were either discontinued or not a popular pattern.

For example a Waterford crystal candy dish on Ebay could sell for as little as $10 or be over $100!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Try EBay.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• A stoe called Things Remembered might have one
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2010