If someone you know asks you a question, would you

tell them what you think they want to hear or be brutaly honest with them? Would your answer differently if it's a friend or co-worker?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• well if some1 ask me a ? no matter who it is i be honest with them if they dont like it oh well & i would like it if they were ask a ? they be honest to
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I try to be honest when anyone asks me a question. It doesn't do anyone any good to sugar coat things!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Depends on who is asking and what the issue is. Some people don't really want to hear the truth, even though they pretend to. So if it was over something silly, then no, I wouldn't be brutally honest. Some people I can be honest with all the time, like loved ones, but I don't ever think it is right to be brutal with people you love. Kindly honest is a better way to go.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It would depend on the person...most I would tell them the honest truth. There are some that I would try to "soften" the truth for so not to hurt their feelings.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Depends on who is it, some people dont really want the truth. If it's something embarrassing to the person I try to be tactful.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Personally, I wouldn't want to offend anyone in the first place. But I would try to be tactful and explain things in a way that wouldn't offend the other person if they really wanted an honest opinion. Then I would remind them that this is my advice, but it's the other person's decision in the end.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm honest but I watch how I word things and my tone when speaking, hearing something unpleasant doesn't necessarily have to be an unpleasant experience :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2010