I got a early gift from my husband

When my husband ask what I wanted for Christmas I told him a personalized gift, something from the heart. He got me a body pillow...... I hate body pillows they are uncomfortable.... I don't know what to make of this.... To make things worse it's one of those memory foam pillows and I'm one of the few that dislikes the memory foam. He gave me the gift early so that's why I know what it is. I don't know what to say... I highly doubt he's got anything else. He never really did put much thought into gifts unless it was for his mother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Find the receipt and take it back. Get something you want.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think you are being a little harsh on him. He probably saw that and thought you would like it. It sucks that you don't like it but it doesn't mean he isn't caring or anything.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 12:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Speechless. That sucks, mama. Sorry. =(
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Maybe, he really did think that it was a personalized gift from the heart- i would try to cut him a little break-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree with fluffy mama
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Most men are jackholes when it comes to thinking of their wives. My husband didn't bring me flowers in the hospital after the birth of our son, nor did he give me a mother's day gift. Mother's day was a week after my son was born. What do you think of that? I am still harboring resentment over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• the next time he asks you want you want tell him something that you actually want, my husband isn't the most creative person either-for my birthday I got a new electric skillet! Yeah I was annoyed but since I didn't actually tell him anything else I didn't have the right to be upset-I am sure someone just told him that their wife wanted one or the lady at the store suggested it-that's how guys get their ideas. If you don't like getting lame gifts then help the guy out and give him real suggestions
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If he picks better gifts for his Mom, tell him to ask himself what she would like. Then tell him that what ever he thinks she wants to get you that!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• some people arent great gift givers..i never have been a very good gift giver, my husband on the other hand is great at it..its just not my love language, ya know..so i think i would be sweet and thankful, but go ahead and take it back if you arent going to use it..it was probably expensive..
    snakesNsnails

Answer by snakesNsnails at 2:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If you dislike it that much, then take it back. And next time tell him exactlly what you want.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2010