prodromal labor, what can i do?

ive been having consistent contrations for days now and they feel like they are getting worse. my mucous plug came out today and my baby hasnt been nearly as active as he usually is. ive been to the hospital twice and sent home because im only dialated to 1. i know something is wrong. i am miserable and have no clue what to do about it. my dr just acts like im bothering her when i try to ask her questions. the only reason i know about prodromal labor is because ive spent the last few hours searching medical websites for answers. all they say to do is contact your dr. im really frustrated because it feels like im being talked down to by my dr and the nurses at the hospital. if anyone has any advice to give i would really appreciate it.

AbsynthLynn

Asked by AbsynthLynn at 12:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hmmm.......your dr. sounds like a jerk. I'd try as hard as you can on short notice to find a different one or go to a different hospital if there's one in your area. I'll bump for you. Good Luck!!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• How far along are you?
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 12:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• im 36 weeks
    AbsynthLynn

Comment by AbsynthLynn (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• ahh same here i am due Jan 3rd But they will take hime at 39 weeks via c-section. I have had pains as well but havent went to the Doc yet to see if i am starting to eface and such. With my First daughter I had the same issue, I went 42 weeks before they took her by c-section. THey induced me and nothing i had contractions everything but i wouldnt dialate past a 2. I know how your feeling and it sucks to feel like your being talked down to or not respected. I would go by your instincts mommy knows best dont back off until you are happy with the info or treatment you recieve. Best of luck to you
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 12:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• For PL, I'd say to start with:

Don't get your cervix checked.
    Get a birth doula.
    Try prenatal yoga / swimming.
    Rid yourself of excess anxieties-stressors.
    Get distracted.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It can be frustrating, but your body needs time. Harassing the doctor isn't going to give you the time you need. Try calming activities. Take a bath. Go on a long walk with your SO. Your little one will be here before you know it. It is pretty common for the baby to slow in movement as pregnancy progresses. You can do kick counts to ease your mind. (Drink a glass of OJ and count kicks for an hour. 10 = happy baby.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2010