Early 40's, what's the most appropriate to do at this age?

I'm a single mother who's worked outside of the home. I've raised my daughter as a single mother, and now she's in college. The job that I'm at, I work along with an ex that I'm still in love with. He's in IT and I'm in finance. (I got hired back since I got laid off from another job in November of '09). The job doesn't pay as much as I would like (and being unemployed for eight months really zapped me of my savings.)

Where does a woman in her early 40's fit in life? With love? With starting over in life? Going back to school (maybe)? Making friends? Right now I'm a credit advisor (I don't grant credit, just help people) and also a grant writer to help essential functions that are strapped of money.

I just don't know if I'm still young or old, and what's most appropriate when starting over at my age. I'm so confused about my age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The way I see it, at 40, single with a grown child, you are free to do whatever your heart desires when it comes to love, school, friends... Your 40's are still relatively young. Chin up... look for the silver lining. It is bright!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Are you serious? Man, I blossomed at 40! My kids moved out and I started LIVING! I've gone on to get two different degrees, dated around, got married, and now I have two grandchildren! I am loving my life. I have no responsibilities, I can spend my money how I want and my husband and I are free to travel as we like. It's great!

Get out there woman and celebrate YOU!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• First thing I would say to do is get your self financially stable. Pay off your debts and have at least $1000 for EMERGENCY only funds. Once you have done that and can pay for everything with cash you will be bale to tackle your next challenge. Being in debt stresses everyone out if you have that under controll you can then spend the time you need to rebuild your self. Your divorced for a reason, what ever the reason your not together. So you need to concentrate on you, maybe go to the gym, take a spin class or yoga. Take belly dancing or read a book maybe get a counselor. You have this time to use so do it. Those are 2 things you need to worry about before anything else. Dont worry about dating and meeting a new guy, your young use this time for you!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I went back to school in my early 40's and now I'm a Pharmacy Tech. make great money and love living! I totally agree with m-avi, Start Living, time is only speeding faster as we get older!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010