What would you do?

I cannot take this anymore with my husband, instead of having 3 kids, i feel like I have 4! He doesn't clean and if he does he does half a$$ and then I have to REDO what he did and I am just so frustrated and tired of it.

What would you do?

Edit to add - I have talked to him, several times and nothing has changed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd tell him as loud as necessary lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Maybe it's time for a vacation. A just you vacation, so he can see what it's like himself.
    Crazy_Daze

Answer by Crazy_Daze at 12:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• As the saying goes "if you want it done right, do it yourself!" LOL I do most of the cleaning because i don't want to hear him complain about how messy something is. If i do it, it's done and over with! or if you really want his help talk to him
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 12:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have the same problem hon... if you find out, let me know! Everything turns into an argument over who's stuff it really is, he acts like I'm his mom he's fighting with! I usually get so frustrated I storm off screaming, when all I want is a little cooperation as a family. We are in this together and I feel like I am the only one carrying us, financiallly and all. GRRR!!!!
    MiasMama123

Answer by MiasMama123 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He's attempting to manipulate you by doing a crappy job. It's called "learned helplessness" and the way to fix it is to teach him how to do things correctly without making him feel like a waste of skin. Be prepared to hear a lot of whining at first, just laugh it off and persevere. Eventually, his sense of pride will kick in and he'll actually want to do a good job.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2010