What would you do? Help.! (long) adult content

im a stay at home mom and my husband works alot and im always takin care of the baby and when he gets off work he never helps he always watches tv play video games or goes hangout with his grandma or on his days off he has his friend witch is his sister boyfriend and her come over and play the stupid xbox all night in are room when im tired and wants to sleep and when the baby wakes up to eat he wont stop playing the game and get up to take care of her so i can get some rest.! even if i beg him too. he makes me feel like shit because i dont work and he pays all the bills . He thinks he shouldnt have to help at all that i should do everything .! he also sleeps in the other room because she wakes up through the night which i always have to wake up to take care of her cause he never does. am i the only one in this situation? i try to talk to him about this but he always make me feel like the bad person in the end.!

babbykrissy

Asked by babbykrissy at 12:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry, but he sounds like a jerk. Just because he works outside the home doesn't mean he is exempt from sharing the responsibility of taking care of his children. Playing video games? Tell him you thought you married a man, not a teenage boy.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 12:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• lol seriously i would stop doing some of the stuf fyou do all day and let im start to complain about it and be like well if you want it done~ im sure youre capable of doing it
    haha but im not married so idk if that would work i just think i would try it
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My ex was like that... key word in that sentence is "ex".

I'm sorry he's being a jerk!
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If my husband spent more time with his xbox than he did spending time with my and our baby I would take a bat to his xbox! Your husband needs to grow up and realize that video games are for children not for grown men to obsess over, he needs to help out with the baby-yes you are a SAHM if he thinks that you have it so easy then give him 24 hrs to take care of the baby with absolutely no help from you and leave him a list of things to do as well-laundry, clean the bathroom and cook dinner for you both. He is being inconsiderate and immature-he is a father now and needs to start acting like one!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My bf and I do the exact samething and I know how you feel, exept my boyfriend helps me out. Even though, my boyfriend sometimes comes home too tired to do much and I do understand that but the odd time, I'll have to have a talk with him and tell him that I need some help..He usually will cause he has helped me and baby through alot but when he doesn't help, or gets mad when I dont take out the trash, I tell him right straight out if it goes on for a long period of time ( a week) :P
    Your boyfriend seems lazy. After work, he sits on his ass. If I were you, I would just lack on certain things and say, well if I had some help, it wouldnt be like this. If he throws the job part in your face, let him know that you do your job too, you just dont get money out of it, or a break.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My sister's husband was just like yours, except he also drank beer, but he really didn't drunk, but he just got a "good buzz". Haleigh, sister's daughter was 4 months old. My sister, despite numerous times of asking him for help, or even just go to the store and get diapers, he to made her feel like she was asking him to repaint the living room!! Well long story short, haleigh was 6 months old, she left and went to stay with our mom and was there for about 6 months or so. He fianlly came around and told her he real try and help out and other stuff. I think he was tired of washing his own clothes or cooking his meals. Another solution, terll him he can quit his job and he can stay with thr baby and u can get a job. Don't know if u like country,but a song comes to mind. Its called "Mr. Mom by Lonestar. Check it out, go to "YouTube"
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Im sorry but what an asshole how can you do that to your own flesh and blood ''im talking about yalls daughter'' how can he just neglected her knowing that you do everything in the house and take care of her and you do need your rest to at least make for the next day so you wont be sleeping doing everything it sounds to me hes selfish and all he thinks about is himself and his video games i would hide his xbox before he gets home from work and leave some dishes in the sink just for him to wash on purpose ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Lonestar-"Mr Mom"
    that reminds me of some friends of ours, he got laid off and she had to go back to work while he stayed home with the kids-they have 3 little ones and he was telling my husband "It is so much harder than you think, I never get to sit down I am always running after them and doing dishes and laundry and trying to keep the house clean, working is so much easier!" I just laughed, and ever since he told my husband that not a day has gone by where my husband doesn't come home and offer to do things around the house to help me out!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2010