vomit smell

My 7 month old got a stomach bug but it has gone away. She was vomiting bad! A lot at once about once or twice a day. Its been a week since she has been over it but the clothes she vomited in still have the nasty formula smell in them,as well as some of my clothes. I have been washing them over and over in dreft and still can't get it out. Any suggestions?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• throw them away.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Throwing them away is not an option. Money is far too tight to get rid of 4 outfits and on pajamas of my daughter's.
    MelSwim7

Comment by MelSwim7 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Try soaking them in regular detergent overnight and then wash. That might help but I don't know!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would say to try soaking them in clorox and water overnight but it might mess up the color on the clothes try spraying spray and wash ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Try oxi clean
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 1:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'd vote just throw them away then go to good will or garage sales to find more. You prolly won't be able to get the smell out. I never remember being able to. Or getting the goat's milk smell out of my son's clothes either. But I had tons of "play clothes" for him that i bought cheap at thift stores or garage sales or low income places. So unless he was trying to look nice, he was in clothes all the time that I had no problem tossing and only cost me about 50 cents to replace.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Try soaking in Oxy clean, or vinegar. If those don't work try joy dish detergent. Fabreeze also makes a product for the washing machine now too. Use it double strength and soak item in the wash first. I found this once at walmart but then it was gone. So try the grocery store or another big box store. Hope this helps. I have a lot of super smellers in my house so they tell me some fabrics hold on to odors. I have the luck of not having a sense of smell.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010