How do i get my daughter to wear big girl undies with out soiling them?

I'm potty training and so far everything is going great. granted this is our 3rd try but we've had no accidents the last 2 days and shes going on the potty!!! but heres the dilema, shes running around butt naked. everytime i put undies on her, she thinks they're diapers and pees in them; she wont even tell me she's gone. i dont know what to do to get over this hump.

MrazikMommy

Asked by MrazikMommy at 9:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My best friend had a similar problem. She made her daughter wash them out every time it happened. It took a couple of days and it stopped. She got tired of having to clean them out all the time.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Read the book "Potty training in a day"! It will really help you!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 11:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You're expecting way too much way too soon. Give her more time. Of course she is going to potty in her panties, but she will be uncomfortable before too long and learn not to do that. You just have to be patient and be prepared with some clean ones.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 12:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Tell her it is not undie and show her where she wet it. It doesn't look good and it stains. It takes time!!!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• HAHA My daughter thinks her panties are pampers too. Just takes time alright. But for now I'm still letting her roam free. lol!!
    babyelise

Answer by babyelise at 12:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• my daughter started out this way as well she started potty training around 18 months and as she got closer to 2 would go in the toilet, after she was established on letting us know (she still wore diapers) we tried the gerber's underwear. she was closer to 2 when we switched to those, we would put them on her and tell her these are big girl panties like mommy wears and everytime i needed to go i'd take her with me and let her try the first couple weeks she would still have accidents but as she got older and more comfortable they were less and less.
    so maybe your daughter is still learning to control her bladder.
    good luck and keep up the great job.
    crystal_duncan

Answer by crystal_duncan at 2:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• we do have the gerber undies, they're ok, but same thing, she thinks they're pampers. i think when we switch i want to to be fully established in knowing when she has to potty, i was kind of just looking for some tips for when we get there. so far since the 4th she's had ONE accident and it was while she was sleeping-nap. i would normally put a pull up on her for sleep but she fell asleep on the couch watching a movie. btw gummie bears make great potty treats!!
    MrazikMommy

Answer by MrazikMommy at 2:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008