When is the absolute earliest you can get a positive pregnancy test?

This is just bothering me according to my ultra sounds I am measuring 3 weeks later than I can possibly be. First I know when IT happened, second if the US is correct I got a positive HPT 4 days after I conceived. I keep trying to explain this to the doctors but they still want o go by the U/S date and not my LMP. The U/S tech even went so far as to tell me it was totally possible to get a positive when I did. I still don't believe it.

Why am I so concerned about this? I don't want the doctors to try and stop my labor if I am a "month early". I know it shouldn't bother me so much and I know the U/S can be off but I've had 2 now that gave the same dates and it concerns me. I know I'm just being the paranoid pregnant lady but I promise there was a question in here somewhere.

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 9:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• So according to the Dr. you were 4 days pregnant when you got a positive pregnancy test? I got a positive pregnancy test one week after conception- so maybe 4 days after conception is also possible. Still if you are worried about it, I'd talk to your doctor and tell him/her that you don't want them to stop your labor if it starts at 37 weeks.(37 weeks according to the Ultra Sound.)
    EricaAbbott

Answer by EricaAbbott at 10:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I got a positive hpt 3 days after conception. I knew the exact date I concieved due to fertility meds and I knew when we did IT. Plus at 37 wks you are term and if you go into labor around that time I doubt they will try to stop it.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well what I'm really afraid of is going in to labor at say 38 or 39 weeks by my calculations and that would be 35/36 weeks by theirs.

I guess it is possible but my period has never been THAT far off. Oh well I guess only time will tell. Thanks ladies :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• With all 3 pregnancies, I got a positive HPT within 4-5 days after conception. It can happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• if you used the First Response test you can get a reading after 5 days.. that's the earliest Ive ever heard of tho.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I used clear blue easy digital. I really thought it had to be later than that. Like 5 days before your missed period, which would be what 9 or 10 days after conception.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You might have actually gotton pregnant one month and had thought ur period was a period. Some people can actually have their period and still be pregnant or have one period and then none the rest of the time ur pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• but then wouldn't I be measuring large? that actually happened with my first. I actually had 2 periods before I missed one. I was 13 weeks when I found out that time. :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I would say, learn to measure yourself after you get about 20 weeks along, it will help you to judge how far along you are (you should measure 18-22cm if you are 20 weeks along -measure from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus).
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 10:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2008