A question for ladies who had a lot of siblings.........

I have 18 siblings. My parents have done foster care for over 50 years and a lot of the children ended up staying. Lately I have been realizing how little I know them. When I was growing up things always felt a little bit like an assembly line. For baths, meals and everything else. Back then I couldn't formulate that though but looking back, thats how I felt. I was properly fed and clothed but other than that I don't remember much. I was rushed through high school and pushed out the door to college in another town a week later. They literally laoded all my stuff up in the vana nd drove me there and dropped me off. With no income or job of any kind. Am I the only one who feels this way? I am afraid to ask any of my sibling because sooner or later my Mom will hear it and she will be pissed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was a foster child and I know what you mean by the whole assembly line thing, I dont remember much of anything b4 the age of 8yrs old, I was a ward of the state for 10yrs b4 I was adopted and even then I had 6 siblings (nothing like 18). I can relate to the assembly line, but not having as many siblings as you.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 11:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My parents did foster care as welli was adopted when i was 12 yrs old i was the oldest and yes it is very normaly not to remeber a lot of ur child hood if there were 18 of u, i'm sorry that u were leteraly push out of ur house when i was 18 i got kicked out. so i feel what u are kinda dealing with.
    Richardswife447

Answer by Richardswife447 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• im so sorry to hear this. Im sure that there were memories you may just not remmeber
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 3:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010