How did any of u meet your husbands/boyfriends? List 1 habit u wish he could improve on

I really love my DH. He has been with me for 10 yrs married for 2 of them. We have a beautiful daughter together. But he is totally clueless when it comes to romance of any kind. He's adorably dense when it comes to women and when they are flirting with him. We met when we were at a job together where he was a road supervisor and I was a site supervisor. He kinda knew I was intrested in him, but he was nervous about the"sexual harrasment" thing cause he was my ' boss'. Well I told him he would definitely know if I was sexually harrassing him. Major clue, or at least I thought I was, that I was hitting on him. I actually had a friend in the police dept look him up and get his addy for me after I got his plate #. Well anyway I disconnected my negative battery cable, and I was approx 2 blocks away from his residence and I walked to his house and explained what happened and we walked back to my car. He tells me now that he knew what I did, and that he knew that battery cables can't just "come loose". But the 1 thing I wish he could improve on is romance. I think that somebody forgot to put the romance bone in his body. For example, we knew that we were going to get married someday, but when I got pregnant, we just moved up the date. His mom had a thing about somebody getting married after the birth of a child. My problem is he never once asked me to marry him, he just assumed. I did want to get married, but I still wish he asked me. Don't just about all women fantasize that the man would get on his knee and then ask u to marry them and claim they couldn't live without you? Then pulls out a beautiful diamond ring and slips it on your finger and it is a perfect fit? Oh well, back to reality. Despite all these years, he hasn't done anything resembling romance. Other then that, he is a very wonderful man. He helps out with our daughter, even changing diapers. He gets up with her and lets me sleep in, he washes dishs,
he even would give me the last dollar he has. I also know there aren't many men like my DH. I guessI really shouldn't bitch about the romance thing, but I still want a little romance every once in awhile. If he could improve on the romance thing,I would have the perfect man!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• See all people are not alike.My hubby loves me a lot but he's not at all romantic.He even feels that "I love you" is not something that has to be told rather than it is sth that should be felt. Many a times I feel bad that he doesn't buy flowers for me,or compliments me but he has his "ways" of telling that he loves me.Altho' we have been married for 3 years but I haven't experienced any thing romantic done by him.But yes he is loving,caring, fulfils all my desires,takes care of the baby.So should I ask for more? Accept your man as he is other wise you would make your life a complete mess.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Have you told him this, or are you hoping he will read your mind? As much as us women hope our husband's read our minds, they don't. We have to spell it out for them and help them out. He probably has no clue how you feel. It sounds to me like you have a great husband though :)
    In answer to your first question... I met my husband in high school gym class and I wish he could improve on his finances.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 2:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He is nice, trust that is true. if this is about your d/h's boyfriends meeting you at your home, why not have them over for a simple dinner like burritos, or chinese food, or pizza. Just don't be all day cooking if you want to mingle, it seems pointless to get too much out and exhausted later on. probably a salad and have his friends over. couldn't be better to meet that way, eh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'll let you in on a little secret: Men aren't half as smart as we think they are lol. I don't mean that in a mean way but what I mean is that women and men don't think on the same page. Most of the time, they don't even think on the same book. Men are better with mumbers, women are better with language. Its just the way we are. Your dh isn't trying to not be romantic. He may not know how, especially if his dad wasn't with his mom. He may think it will be embarrassing or that he will do it wrong. The more he feels that you are expecting something from him, the less he's going to be willing. Men fear rejection BIG TIME. Have you tried romancing him? Seriously, like show him the ropes. You can also try whispering sweet nothings in his ear. Leave love notes around the house about things he can do for you in a romantic way. Put something like this on a note:" Hi there, sexy man. Your sexy bride is waiting for you, follow the cont.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• rose petals". Then line up rose petals(can be fake, get them at a craft store) to our bedroom and be waiting there for him with scented candles and new lingerie! P.S. A study found that blood flows to a man's sex organs fastest with the scent of pumpkin. Pumkin candles!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• When he helps you as much as he does, that is showing you love and for me that is romantic.

My hubby also did not get on one knee, we had broken up for 6-months and when we got back together I said I guess we are getting married?
    Meet my hubby and his friends in high school.

Bad habite
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Ooops bad habit makes a lot of noise, eats, talks, walks loud
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My husband of 10 years is my rock! He compliments me and is strong where I am not. We are in a completely 50/50 relationship. There is NOTHING he can improve on! He does/has done everything for me and our boys--from feedings in the middle of the night to let me sleep when our boys were infants, to diaper changes, to discipline, to grocery shopping, to fixing, renovating and building things, to holding down steady and great paying employment!

I think a lot of this stems from the fact that we were both older when we married for the first time, and were really ready to settle down and raise a family together.

I met my husband on Match.com! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I read the question and then got off track with the whole lacking in romance thing so I answered wrong.

I met mine thru my aunt. He was my best friend, then my hubby. I don't think mine knows what romance is, but he sure tries to make me happy... but the thing I wish he'd work on is making expensive purchases without talking to me to see if there's anywhere else the money might be better spent (like past due bills, upcoming bills, kids clothes/shoes/school).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Thank u all!! I know men can't read our minds, which is probably is a blessing. I think if my DH could read my mind, his head would probably explode with all the logical reasonings. LOL Or he may end up in a insane asylum if he could read what goes thru my head at any given time.
    He is a very wonderful man and he can be so patient with me. I do know he loves me by the little things he does for me. So I know I got blessed when I met him, and he didn't file stalking charges on me! lol He is good with money, and I am not. I am weird in the way that I love to buy other people things, especially my daughter.l I really do not like shopping for myself. I see a real cute outfit, try it on, look in the mirror and it looks real different on me.. 'sigh' Oh well, stores have real cute clothes for baby girls!! Made almost $200 on a garage sale last year!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010