uneven love

i know that my husband loves me, but i think that i love my husband way more than he loves me..sometimes it hurts. i will send him loving texts or emails and he doesnt respond, electronically..but the next time i see him, he will be in a great mood, high spirits and loving..do you think it says he doesnt care if he doesnt respond back with, "i love you, too" or "im hot for you, too"..etc.. how is it in your marriage/relationship? do you think a marriage can survive that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I think some men are more shy about expressing their feelings and don't show it in the same way. I love you from a man doesn't always coe from the lips. It could be in the form of a massage, flowers, a gift, even folding the laundry, changing a diaper, putting gas or oil in your car. For example, dh buys me a quart of my fave ice cream from Baskin Robbins(which is crazy expensive) when I'm sick. He charges my cell phone battery before I even have a chance to see its going down lo. He does things like that all the time, tons of things. I think actions are more powerful than words. Dh does tell me he loves me, but he shows it far more than he says it which imo is better.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sounds like both our men went to the SAME school of communication! Sometimes I do feel I love my man more than he loves me but I know one thing for certain I am MORE EXPRESSIVE THAN HE IS. He is very uncomfortable expressing strong emotions - it just kinda oozes out of me! i do know he loves me though and I know it by looking at what he does to keep this relationship alive.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 4:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• ppl thought i was crazy for posting a question like this earlier about one peerson loving another more.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 4:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree with the ladies who commented before me, on the other hand maybe he's busy and can't reply, he may not hear the phone go off,etc. If he's happy when you guys are together and he's good to you, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Yes it sucks,i know but men are just doo-doo heads sometimes :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:55 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Read the 5 languages of love. I bet he has a different language than you. I am sure he loves as much or more than you love him but he has a different way of showing it. Try backing off for a while and see what happens.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2010