can you hand wash cloth diapers?

If I were to do so would they be clean enough? I don't have my own washer and dryer so I would like to get some and was in the sink everyday and then at the laundry mat once a week. Would this work or would they smell and stain? If I were to do it What would I use to wash them?

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 3:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i did. and then i washed it in the machine if it didnt clean all the way
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 3:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• What sort of soap/ detergent did you use?
    xredstarsx

Comment by xredstarsx (original poster) at 3:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I hand washed my oldest daughters cloth diapers by hand and hung them to dry, I used dreft powdered soap to wash them. If any cloth diapers begin to stain hang them in the sun which will bleach the material, you can also pretreat the stains with lemon juice which helps to get the stains to release.
    mimi66

Answer by mimi66 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Woolite will clean pee diapers or diapers with a small amount of poop on them. For heavily soiled diapers, I'd rinse, spray with whatever stain-remover you choose (I use baking soda or lemon juice for small stains, Shout spray for heavy stains) and put them aside for my trip to the laundromat.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010