please help! I cant get him off the boob!

What do I do? I went away for 4 days even and he just WONT QUIT! My son is 18months and won't take a bottle for me. My husband leaves for business all the time so I am alone dealing with it. He literally is attached. He sleeps in my bed because I dont like eing home alone so I keep my bedroom door locked with me, my son and our dogs....I know its my fault but what do I do now to correct it? It is bad, its like he is addicted. He won't eat other food if he is hungry, he will throw a fit until he nurses.....hours hours days. He will eat other food if he has been nursed during the day. He won't take a binky either.....Im screwed! I was a new mom and have definitely learned from my mistakes....
Bottles will be introduced, nursing schedule and sleeping in own bed...atleast for my future kids. So what do I do with my son now ? Please help me with suggestions.
Whats hard now is I am pregnant..so I really need to get this whole thing under control.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is 18 months he does not need a bottle. Just give him a cup and thats it. You will go through a few days of HELL but he will adjust.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 3:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yeah he doesn't need a bottle at 18 months. Try this" Gets a sippy cup, a 1st stage one and express some of your milk in it. Put a few drops on the spout. See if you can get him to try it. This may take a few days. Next, once he is drinking your milk from the cup, start diluting it with some purified water. Not too musch at first though. Maybe 2/3 milk to 1/3 water. Keep adding more water gradually each day. Eventually he will decide he doesn't want the milk anymore.You can also do 2/3 breastmilk to 1/3 whole milk and gradually add whole milk until its 100% whole milk in the cup. He's supposed to have been drinking whole milk for the last 6 months. How long have you been expecting? Pregnancy hormones alter the flavor of breastmilk and usually make the baby, this case toddler discontinue nursing. I would not recomend going cold turkey on breastmilk! That will result in a p.o.ed kid!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yeah no bottles. Try a sippy cup. My daughter pretty much weaned herself - she still wanted it, but she never threw fits like that when I told her no. =/ Good Luck.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well sounds like me. My so was just weaned at 19 months. He was the same way. It was a miserable week and he turned into a horrible sleeper. (he's getting better) I used the playtex nursers. Now he likes the nuby. Good luck. It's not easy.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010