how can step parenting be made easier? (tips)

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 3:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• It can't :( Well, I guess it can if all adults are mature with the kid(s) best interests in mind....Not the case in my family...but, the most important thing that you can control is how you & your DH view your role. You two need to be on the same side & understand what is & isn't expected. Flexibility in every way is ESSENTIAL.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Step parenting is always going to be tough! Heck, parenting is tough! The best help for parenting both step and, um, non-step (forgive me its late) is in the Parenting books by Don Dinkmeyer and somebody Loconcy. The Parents Handbook I believe is what the first one is called. There are four of them, the basic (the one mentioned), a more advanced one, one on parenting teens and then one on step families. Get them, read them, they will change your life!!! I found them to be highly effective for just my personal self. Oh, and one other book, The Encouragement Book!!!
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 4:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• How to Win as a Stepfamily by Visher & Visher is a good resource.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010