AA hair

My son is 20 months (tomorrow) and his hair is really dry. I use grease in it but ut still seems real dry. Sometimes i mix a drop of conditioner in his hair just to soften it up. his hair before I cut it was real nice (he went to a barber for first hair cut) now it is not what I remember. Regret it. but anyways I have bought pink oil lotion and olive oil lotion fot his hair and it is still dry. I thought maybe his hair dryness amybe due to the dry air in the apaprtment so i keep a containor of water in the living room and bedroom. I give him water too. Just don't know what to do to make it soft and managable. AA=African American.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 5:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use the kinky curly product line in my daughters hair otherwise I wet it, put some type of frizz-ease product in their hair and brush/comb through the hair until it is more manageable. Sorry I don't have any more helpful advice.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I thought about detanglers idk I should get that mixed girl product line but it cost way to much. I've even tried Olive Oil and his hair doesn't seem to be different from it. *sighs*
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yeah I like mixed girl products to but it is hard to find and pricy. The kinky curl product is about the same and only thing we can find here. I am very frugal about using it. My two youngest hardly go out so it is just used once a week on all their hair. There is a clear frizz-serum by Paul Mitchum (sp) that works good...but you have to go to the salon to buy it.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• ahhh. I have no clue what texture my son hair is. It's like nappy but then not....lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010