How often do you get time away from the kids, just you and your s/o?

This weekend, we are going to Indianapolis (that is about 2 hours away from where we live) we have a hotel room, going to see a football game (that is for my hubby) and just hang out from Saturday till Sunday. My mom is driving down to spend the time with the kids.

We try to do it twice a year, once where Mom comes here to stay and once when we take them to her for the weekend.

We go for date nights at least once every other month. When things get so stressful and we are not spending a lot of time talking just b/c we are both so busy and tired. It is super nice to just be to ourselves sometimes.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• we are leaving for a weekend getaway in about an hour!!!
    Anonymous

• We just got a week away ~ dd was on a trip and we went on one as well. We get to go out more now since the kids are older and it's great.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• MAYBE once a month we might go out to lunch while the older ones are in school and the youngest is with a friend. It is going to go up in frequency though because SIL is moving down here about 5 miles from us and part of the deal of us taking her girls after school every day is a few Saturday nights a month without the kids lol

btw I'm about an hour/hour and a half north of Indy
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 5:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• NEVER!!!! He never wants to do anything with me. We dont even go on dates. He wont even go to the store with me for anything. Its ALWAYS about what HE wants to do when HE wants to do. Im on the edge of leaving this relationship. I cant take it anymore.

Its nice to hear that men out there still care about the woman they are with and are willing to have "alone" time. Ive always been told it doesnt exisit.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 6:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• As a couple, RARELY (once or twice a year we go out to dinner for a few hours anniversary or holiday party), but this is due to the fact that we both work (hubby 7 days a week at times), our children are in full-day school, and they both have special needs, and we don;t have family near us, and I can't just let "anyone" watch them!

It's no matter though, we're in this together, and we had our fun in our 20's and before we became parents in our mid/late 30's--it's just one of the many sacrifices we're making for our children. Besides, I couldn't dream of going on a vacation without our children, When they're grown, then...MAYBE! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Just at present, we rarely get away for more than a matinee movie and lunch. We used to have a weekend getaway once a year, which my husband always arranged, what a doll.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My kids are all grown and gone

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No as much as we would like these days. We used to go out at least once a month and we did try to get away for long weekends. That was until our DD got sick and has been in and out of the hospital. Now we get to spend time eating in the hospital caf and that is it. We haven't even slept in the same bed for about 3 weeks now. She was getting better and life was returning to normal, then out of the blue she got sick again.

Remember to spend every moment you can with the ones you love because you never know when live is going to change.

Have a great weekend.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Hardly ever, to be honest.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010