Xmas pictures help please =)

do any of you mommas have any ideas on taking xmas pictures for the little ones...i want to take them myself. i have a 2 year old and a 2 month old....

santa blue

JplusAequalsP

Asked by JplusAequalsP at 6:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• just start snapping. the more pictures you have the possiblity of getting a couple you like and then picking from there. a nice one would be the 2yr old kissing the baby on the head. by the christmas tree or something like that. but really jsut a simple picture would i find is the best pictures. just have fun and you will find the perfect picture.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Take a lot! Zoom in on their faces. The expression is everything. Personally, I don't like the pictures of the child in the perfect dress holding a gift in front of a perfect tree. I like kids in their regular clothes zoomed in on a happy face. Make it black and white. That always helps! Try to get them to really laugh.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have a photography degree and have NO idea how to get good pictures of my own kids in the same frame. I also have a 2 month old and a 2 year old. I use photoshop to put them together and design the card. Let me know if you would like some help.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Or just take as many pictures as you can and pop them into the premade photocard that allow you to add more than one picture. I would go black and white, it's easiest to match up.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I personally think natural pictures are best; posed are often too formal/stiff and nearly impossible with young children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If just wanting to take when opening gifts just snap. If wanting to shot to send out for christmas have them sit together on the couch or on the floor with a christmas background like a blanket, or tree skirt, Or even wrapping a couple of empty boxs around them. but other wise just snap away and have fun with it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have become quite proficient at PHOTOSHOP!! LOL :o) Here is an example...

Can you tell that the pictures above were taken at separate times and one was even napping while I was taking the other ones picture?! I will never go to a studio again!! Check out Photobucket.com and Adobe Photoshop for REALLY easy to learn editing! :o)

All I did was take a few "backdrop" pictures then dressed my boys in coordinating Christmas attire, gave them unbreakable Christmas ornaments to hold/play with, and took a GAZILLION digital pictures. Then I taught myself how to select their images and import them to the backdrop! I took the file (saved on a memory stick) to Walgreens, and had a bunch printed out!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's easy if your 2 year old likes to ham it up for the camera like mine does. Just take several photoes and delete out the ones you don't like. As them to pose. That'll be easy for the 2 month old and a game for the 2 year old.

And I can tell the above photo was Photoshopped. So decide whether you want realistic shots or altered shots.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Thank you guys so much! =D i would like to reply to each of your but i dont know how im new to this site...i will post up some pictures when i take them...once again ..thank you guys sooooo much...=) i will try them this week/weekend..heehee
    JplusAequalsP

Comment by JplusAequalsP (original poster) at 5:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2010