is anyone else tired of the commercials...

...asking us to buy Huggies for moms who can't afford diapers? I can't afford diapers, which is why my kid is wearing cloth diapers. Yeah it's less convenient, but if you are choosing between disposable diapers and food/rent it's an obvious choice. Why should I pay for another mom's convenience? Cloth works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I was wondering where all these free diapers were.....I know my sister could use some!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Wow..
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:01 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No, why would I get tired of them? This economy sucks...diapers are expensive. Ant not everyone has access to a washing machine...they have to take a bus or catch a ride to the nearest laundromat, making the use of cloth diapers not all that appealing. I'm happy to help anyone in need.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no maybe if people would quit worrying about there self all the time and actually do something for other people in need maybe they wouldnt be in such need their selves , ive always found what i give to others and do for them always comes back to me and i have always been able to get what i need and alot of times i even have extra if i dont tho its ok bc my needs are always met .
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You know, I really really want to switch to cloth diapers with this one. I simply can't afford to do it and it's really upsetting to me! My DH will not allow me to use Pre-folds because he sees them as "unsanitary" and "outdated." And the ones I was able to talk him in to are going to cost us about $200 (total) which I understand in the long run is nothing, but we have a monthly income of just $800 right now, so $200 or even $50 at a pop is more than we have. Disposables on the other hand are going to cost us about $15 every two weeks (that's about what we paid for the other two). I wish I could find a way to buy one box of cloth each month or something, but I just don't know how to swing it. It's a catch 22 kind of thing. Sure cloth is cheaper, but you have to have the money to start, which I don't, and neither do most of them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yeah but I seriously feel like I should do more.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Not really sick of them and I understand your point BUT why would Huggies collect money for people to get cloth diapers- ?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I never seen the huggies commercial they must finally be trying to get some good PR (public relations) because pampers have been doing it for years now. I think they send their diapers overseas though. It does not bother me because I do not have the energy time and stamina for cloth. Also because since the economy issues has hit us hard it is one of the few ways I can help.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• if you don't have a washing machine cloth diapers are incredibly impractical. Can you imagine taking all those cloth diapers to the laundromat? That would create another huge added expense. I think it's safe to assume that many people living in poverty to the point where they can't buy diapers don't have access to free washing machines.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 3:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't care for commercials. I think that you are doing a great job of using the cloth ones. You get 3 fist pumps for that and mom of the year award!

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010