MIL is asking me now to ask her son...... to do errands for her. WTH?

The other night my mil called and asked me if her son could take her to the clothing store. She won't ask me personally because I had a car accident going to that same store not too long ago. My hubby blew her off the last time she asked so now she asked me. We took her and of course it was a waste of time! So then she asked him to take her to another store in another town. He said it was late and so then she started bugging him about the next night. Of course we had things to do and he said no. Then out of nowhere she goes you're ot going to your sisiter's charity event from school?? GIve me a break. She is fighting with her own daughter but yet is pointing out that we are not going to her daughter's event??? WTH? Is mil really being annoying or what? My fil told me she has a milllion outfits and should not be bugging us with stuff like that.He is getting so tired of his own wife being so needy and using her eye disease as an excuse to goet out of doing everything. But when she wants she jumps around and helps out but then she comes over and wants to be served hand and foot for the holidays. UGH. Any words of wisdom??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL, my MIL is the same way except she is divorced so she is always asking my husband to help her around the house. Same as you she is also fighting with her daughter so she is always calling us. I would talk to you husband and see what he thinks. I know if I talked to my MIL she would never talk to us again because I feel that my husband has enough going on with his family that he shouldn't be dropping things just to help her. Also he doesn't need the stress of her always calling him.

Anyway I'm not sure if I helped, just know that I understand how annoying it can be.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You have hit it on the head. She is needy. If a woman is needy and need somethig, who should she reach out to? Her husband and children. It could be her age, her health, her mental or physical conditions, or she is lonely. Instead of complaining, maybe you and your husband, her other children and her husband could discuss how to help her. How to cope and deal with the changes life is dealing her.
    I do not understand how you all can just talk about her and condemn her when she has needs and you are her family. Who else should help her cope? Where is your love and compassion for your family and your husband's family? Mothers take care of their children now it is time for your husband to step up and help his mother.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I do. All the time. I am the dil. Her daughter does not even talk to her and she lives in the same house as her!!! She needs that lecture tootoobusy not me. I am just the substitute for someone else. But my mil loves me because I am better than her daughter. I just get tired of it sometimes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• there is obviously a reason her and her daughter do not speak and you only see one side of it...but you will learn the reasons eventually...why do you think DH is blowing her off...sometimes being nice can get you into a situation you cant get out of so be careful what you do for others who seem to be pushed away by their own family.
    Anonymous

• I'm curious what kind of eye disease she has.
    If she's going blind, then maybe she needs an opinion on what looks nice, maybe she wants to see everything she can while she can.
    If anyone asked your hubby about your clothes he'd likely say "oh she's got a ton of them/shoes/purses etc) but sometimes we women just feel the need for something new. Maybe one of you could suggest she do her online shopping to get an idea of what she wants if nothing else :) Not to mention she could find people to talk to who are going thru similar circumstances, and meet new people :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2010