What time do you feed your 8-10 mo. old his/her last meal for the day?

What is a normal bedtime for an infant this age?

erinetsuko

Asked by erinetsuko at 10:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say whatever schedule you have your LO on is always different. I was lucky enough to have my son on a schedule from the time he got home from the hospital. He was in the hospital for 12 days (premie) and the nurses only fed him every 3 hours and they would lower the lights in the nursery at the same time every night. I just stuck with it. My 8 month old gets his last meal at about 8:30ish everynight and we do the same bedtime routine everynight so he always knows its bedtime at 9ish.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 10:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The bedtime depends on the schedule you have your child on. My son is 11 months old and he sleeps from 9pm to 8:30/9 am. He gets his last bottle at 8:30. He takes a nap from 11:30-1 and then from 4-6. Your child may need more or less sleep. I made this schedule for my son because I'm not an early riser. It works out for both of us.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 10:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Usually between 8-8:30 and she's in bed between 9-9:30.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My son goes to be at around 8 every night. We didn't do anything to try to get him on a schedule, that's just when he starts getting cranky. He doesn't really get a "last meal" of the day. When he's sleepy we get in bed and I nurse him until he falls asleep. Then during the night he'll start to move around looking for my nipple and I'll nurse him. I'm not sure exactly how many times a night he does that because neither one of us wake up all the way.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008