December birthday's?

My daughter turns 3 this Dec. This is the first year we are having people over, just a few other 3 yo, I knows and we will have ice cream cup cakes.
With her birthday so close to Christmas, how do you handle this as they get older. Coming up with a few Christmas gifts is hard enough but add a birthday and I am struggling. Thoughts?

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 7:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• My DD is turning 3 in Dec 27th!! UHG! :0) We have in the past and plan to in the future not have her party until the second weekend in January. WE have cake or something on her actual birthday as a family but the party is not until every one has somewhat recovered from the holidays.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:55 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Buy throughout the year, that way your not strapped with no money
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My birthday is Dec 13 and I always got a party (which was just my mom's friend and her kids coming over) and separate gifts. That is until I was a teen and since then I got birthday/Christmas gifts which meant I usually got nothing on my birthday and had to wait until Christmas to get stuff. My dad, though, always put himself into debt every Christmas spending way too much money on crap we didn't need.
    If we had a December kid we'd have to save up separate money for the birthday because there wouldn't be enough to get Christmas gifts for all the kids and a birthday present. We have enough trouble with our middle daughter having an early November birthday, then Thanksgiving and then Christmas (we don't celebrate my birthday).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2010