Do other moms hate doctors?

I have come to hate doctor`s since my three of my five angels have to see specialist all the time . I hate it because they say that there disorder does`t exist sorry to say but it does and I have paper work to prove it. I thought I could trust but I can`t when it comes to my angels. sorry about this just curious, I don`t hate them just frustered with them when they say my angels don`t eist  it does it is call deletion of #10 chromose here is a web site to look it up www.rarechromo.org

butterflysmom

Asked by butterflysmom at 7:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I get annoyed with them a lot. My son sees 3 specialists regularly and then he has his pedi. Then he sees 2 therapists. It can be so frustrating to get them all on the same page though. And it's frustrating trying to get them to do some testing cuz they swear it isn't possible and 9 times out of 10 they have tested our son and found something. They need to listen to parents more often than they do. A lot of times it's like they are on these high horses but what they don't realize is it is called a practice for a reason!
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have a high dislike for Doctors. My kids Pedi retired (she was mine too and I LOVE her) and they hired this new med school graduate to replace the Pedi...this new girl is AWFUL! She can't make a decision without consulting another Dr. I try not to see her and to make appointment with the Nurse practitioner.
    But she's not the reason I dislike Doctors. I have to see specialists due to being diabetic and when pregnant with my last child my OB office had to call my Endocrinologist multiple times because she wasn't talking to me (she was mad at me for not wanting to be put on a pump) so my sugars were running high (not good). When I agreed to get a pump the doctor still wouldn't work/talk to me and the OB called the office (while I was in the room) and threatened the Endo...It was GREAT! I deal with so many Doctors and have decided that I don't trust them at all (MOST of them)
    I have found new ones that I really like...so far
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 8:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• honestly i have a great respect for most doctors, but if i dont like the way someone is speaking to me or i feel they are not meeting my or my childs needs i will move on to a new doctor till i find one i am comfortable with...(treat it like dating , you have to go out with a lot of frogs before you find your prince)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i don't hate doctors but having second opinions on conditions is important. doctors don't know everything and sometimes you just have to use your own instincts and feelings.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no, lots of moms are doctors themselves
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We have a fantastic pediatrician. But our general practitioner is worn out and bitter. The health care system is stripping them of their ability to be Dr.s. They have to be accountants and coding experts and on 10 minute schedules. No time left to be a Dr. They need to be lawyers. Lawyers charge by the minute. But lawyers make the laws too and this allows them to do this.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don`t actual hate them just dealing with a lot since we found out about this disorder and they say it don`t exsit.
    butterflysmom

Comment by butterflysmom (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No, I do not. My son and I have amazing doctors, including specialists. A lot of times, it's not the doctors that are the issue but the INSURANCE companies that are the problem. I have major issues with insurance companies. Instead of asking the doctor for tests, DEMAND them, TELL them you want further testing and if they don't you will find someone who will.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I love my daughter's doctor, not a fan of mine. I have been looking for a new one for me but want to be sure I get one that I am happy with in the end. If you are not happy with the doctor you have can you find a new one? I know you said they are specialists but can you get a second opinion?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• LOL, I dont hate them, but many of them do seem to have a bit of a "God complex" dont they?
    If your specialists deny the obvious disorder exsists, what makes you think your children have it? You can always get a second or third or fourth opinion. Dr's are service providers that WE PAY for their expertise. That said if you dont think they are a good fit, hire a different one, just as you would an auto mechanic, plumber or any other expert that you pay for services.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010