Would you be mad about your 16 yr old having to watch her nieces all the time?

My poor little sister in-law has to watch my other sister in laws kids ALL the time. She doesn't work she is pg with number 3 and she has her little sister doing all sorts of stuff for her kids. She moved back in MIL's house and just sits and eats. On thanksgiving her youngest(1) needed to be cleaned up after eating she wouldn't put her pie down to go clean her so my lil SIL had to do it!
It's really pissing me off cause if I want her to watch my kids I pay her cause they aren't her kids and she doesn't have to do it!

CuriousLilMama

Asked by CuriousLilMama at 8:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• should be up to the 16 yo, in some countries thats adulthood.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The 16 year old, or her mom, should speak up if this is getting to be too much. It's great that you pay her. That's how it should be.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The older SIL just up and leaves the house and doesn't even ask her to watch them! The 16 yo is miserable and can't wait till her sister moves out again!
    CuriousLilMama

Comment by CuriousLilMama (original poster) at 8:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The children need to be cared for. Maybe it is fortunate that they have an aunt to do it since the mother is not. Who will do it if they move out?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would be mad, and speak up on her behalf.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sounds very frustrating. I would talk to the 16 year old and see how she feels. Maybe she can take a break from them by coming to you house even if it is to just hang out.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• sorry but i would have the SIL call me the next time the mother just leaves and i would report her to CPS for abandoment (you dont just up and leave more mater who is in the house) as for the SIL i would go and bring her to your house for a while (couple of days) so she can get a break........
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• she's coming over today! older SIL just watched the one year old throw food on the floor and did nothing 16yo had to clean it all up! THE older one just sat on the couch texting!
    DH is going to get her in about 15 mins.
    And the 23rd I need a sitter(i'm paying her) she is going to spend the night(I have to be at work at 6am) so she only has to watch my DD. And I allow her to bring one friend to spend the night with her.
    CuriousLilMama

Comment by CuriousLilMama (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2010