I think my daughter has chronic bad breath! Seriously!

We brush 2-3 times a day and no matter what her breath smells like absolute CRAP.. I am serious. I often mistake her breath for my son pooping. Even AFTER brushing it smells this way. She always brushes before bed at night and when i'm tucking her in and giving her kisses there is that foul smell as usual. I was going to get with her dentist next week and ask if there is a logical reason for this or anything I can do about it. My poor girl LOL I know she doesn't realize it but.. YUCK. Anyone else have this same problem? My husband said maybe i could get her some mouthwash for kids but she still hasn't quite learned that your not supposed to swallow the tooth paste so i'm afraid she would swallow the mouth wash as well.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter had the sae problem when she was younger and it was her tonsils, I can relate to thinking you smell poop ;) You might talk to her ped. so they might check for other things besides her teeth.
    mimi66

Answer by mimi66 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree bad breath can be a symptom of an underlying problem. I have a friend who's breath always smeals sort of sweet, but bad and it's b/c she as some form of daibeties.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Okay...I have the solution for you...get this tiny little vitamin pills called "Breath Check" from puritan's pride. They are all natural (parsley seed oil and sunflower oil), no odor, no taste, small and they working amazing. My son has suffered from this most of his 22 years and when I placed my regular vitamin order, I saw these and got them on a fluke and now my son swears by them. He's so happy. Tip: I even give one to our little dog every now and again and it takes care of the "doggy licking ass" breath.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Do you floss her teeth? The smell could be coming from food stuck in between her teeth. The dentist will be able to tell you more. GL.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Do you brush her tongue?
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2010