When you hear a snow storm is coming, do you stock up on food?

I was at the grocery this morning and the lady in front of me was saying that it is supposed to snow, so she needed to get her food today. We are only excpecting 1-2 inches, I wouldn't go to the store if it wasn't my regular day for that amount

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No, we always have snow and plows are great from my house to the grocery store. But now we have a lot of snow and I don't feel like unburying my car and taking two kids to the store. I wish I did though. I'm really craving chips and salsa.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Only when we've been expecting more than 18 inches of snow (which is extremely rare), and ONLY when our children were infants/toddlers. We always have a couple of months worth of non-perishables on hand anyway. Besides, I think it's a location thing--if you live in a rural area far from cities and towns with grocery stores, gas/propane stations, etc. and it could be a week or more before being able to dig yourself out, then it makes sense. It's also a generational thing to stock up on provisions stemming from back when northern states would expect several feet of snow or more in a single storm, and snow plows weren't common or provided much relief in allowing people to get out and about.

But 1-2 inches is a little "Chicken Little-ish!" IMO! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No......
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no. I cannot recall a time when a storm knocked out power so if we had to,we'd walk to the store if roads were impassable.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no i don't. With living where we live we have snow storms all the time and no one panicks about it.
    sonsmom

Answer by sonsmom at 9:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No because I live in TX but I do stock up if there is a hurricane coming our way
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I actually would answer no on this question some days ago. But we had the snow storm in London and the roads were closed for two or three days and the shops were empty after one day. I mean no milk, no meat, no proper food. I definitely will stock up some food in the fridge. IT was quite an interesting question what would happen if the snowing disaster last too long. How would food come into the shops... We never know what we have until we are in the middle of the needs:S
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yes I do!!!! Its the smartest thing to do where I live to be able to eat out of the freezer or pantry if you are snow bound
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 9:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No because my city hardly ever sees a snowstorm.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• yes i would stock up and prbly on other items also
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2010