how much cleaning do you do on the weekends?

I seem to spend my entire Friday night and Saturday morning cleaning something. and when I think I am done, something else needs to be cleaned. I am not good w/getting it done during the week b/c of working.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I do all of my cleaning on weekends. Between working full time and taking care of the kids, there really isn't enough time during the week.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• none

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm a SAHM, so I get most of my cleaning done during the week. On the weekends, I'm just in "maintenance" mode usually.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• TONS! That's when I really catch up on the "damage" that has occurred all week--both hubby and I work, while the kids are in school full-day. By the time we all get home and settle down, we're too tired to do anything but tidy up!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I only straighten up on the weekends if needs to be done, but my cleaning days I have for Monday and Thursday the weekends I don't clean because I spend it with DH
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I do the majority of it on the weekends also but I have a part time job during the weekends also so that cuts into my time. I am just too tired after working from 6-2 but I don't get home until 3:30 because I have to pick up my daughter from school before traveling home cooking and doing dishes and wiping tables to consider much more then a load of laundry and cooking our meals at nights.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i clean a little each day so i never has to have a whole day of cleaning, and other than dishes and picking up things on the weekends we dont clean we just spend time together....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I clean my house thoroughly everyday. Not to say it do not have days where I don't clean. 99% of the time, its everyday.
    I have OCD. I do not like a mess! At all!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm a student and not working, so I prefer to get it done during the week when the kids are in school. On the weekends its more about maintaining what's been cleaned that week. The biggest chore I accomplish is laundry - its always done on Sundays.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• None. I do not designate the weekend to cleaning up. I usually just do it when I think it is time. The chore I hate the most is taking out the trash. I live up 7 flights of stairs (no elevator) and have to go all the way down to the bottom floor and outside to throw away the stinky trash. Then walk all the way back up the stairs lol I know it may be lazy but I wish there was a trash chute or something. lol
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 12:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010