My Tongue ring is killing me.

It's a subtle pain... How do I get rid of it? and does anyone know an easier way to eat? My GOSH this shit hurts.

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Health

• If you just had it done I'd guess that it's going to hurt until it heals some more. If it's been awhile, you need to make sure you aren't developing an infection.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• No I just got it done 4 days ago
    Shanti0327

Comment by Shanti0327 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• did you just get it done? suck on some ice. it takes about a week to heal if I remember right.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I went to the gas station and got the ice that is formed like a small cup and put it over the ball on top. It seemed to help but it will take about a week for the pain to all go away.
    Now, once the swelling goes down, you need to put in a shorter bar so it takes less of a beating when you eat. Mine is 1/2 inch since I don't like it clicking my teeth. Standard is 5/8.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• is it a sharp pain? the first time I had mine done they slightly nicked the vein under my tongue and it got infected. I had to take it out. If your tongue starts turning white or green take it out.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 9:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• First put some tea tree oil on it...that's a natural antiseptic. Secondly, stir some Kava Kava powder into your favorite drink and swallow it down along with 2 garlic pills. It's a natural pain reliever. And, lastly...dissolve about 10 aspirin and salt in about a mug of hot water (as hot as you can stand without burning yourself), take a sip...hold it in your mouth for about a minute, spit it out and repeat until it's all gone. The tea tree oil and Kava Kava you can find in your local herb/natural/organic store. Good luck!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Ouch, I can't imagine the pain.. Hubby was just telling me about it when he got his, 10 yrs ago,lol... I would suggest ibuprofen, it's good for inflammation as well as pain. You can take 4 at a time, that's 800 mg (prescription strength).. If you don't have anything else on hand.. My Hubby just took his out for good now, he's 41 and felt it was time. I don't have any piercings and from hearing about the pain, I don't plan to, lol..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I remember eating soup for a few day lol. It's been about 15 yrs. since i did mine so I can't remember exactly how long it hurt but keep an eye out for infection. I believe they made me rinse with mouthwash after every time i would eat. If it dosen't stop within the next couple days though i would call the place that did the piercing to ask if that is normal.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• ouch, no advice for ya!
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• soon, provided you dont have an infection. Make sure you are rinsing regularly and not drinking beer. If I remember correctly the swelling went down around day 4, and the worst part was the insatiable itching inside my tongue on days 3 and 4 from the healing.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010