Gays in the Military..

I think it is wrong to dishonorably discharged a person from the military for being gay. What do you think?

CarlieJS

Asked by CarlieJS at 9:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was just talking with my SO last night about this! I think it's horrible to kick someone out of the military if they come out. No other business can do that. It's discrimination and they can be sued for it. The government shouldn't be able to do it either. JMO.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It is very wrong, and it is also wrong to cut their pay as well.

Answer by older at 10:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree as well.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree as well.
    Seriously. There have always been gays in the military, the powers that be just weren't aware of it. It doesn't mean that those same men and women are any less capable just because it is suddenly known that they are gay.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If a gay wants to serve I really don't have a problem with that.However, I do think some hetero's will be uncomfortable showering and such with them.Certainly not all will but some.No I do not think they should be kicked out because of it but until DADT is reversed it is law.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Are you saying you don't like DADT or it's okay to knowingly break the law?

Changes are in the works. Until then people need to abide by the contract they signed don't they?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think it's perfectly fine to be happy while you're in the military.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I totally and completely agree. I believe the commitment and sacrifice one makes when joining the military should be respected enough for someone to be accepted for who they are, and I believe those in the military should most understand and respect that commitment and sacrifice - especially enough to honor their fellow soldiers/officers for their service. Alienating people, expecting them to hide or deny part of who they are, discriminating against them, that's not showing them the honor and respect they deserve.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• meandmyshadow, do you propose that straights also be kicked out if someone discovers the gender of their SO? that they should be prevented from ever mentioning the most important person in their life? from displaying their picture?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010