Time to spill your

beauty secrets! One is/are some of your beauty secrets? Something your grandmother told you, someone else told you that you thought was far fetched that you swear by now, something you discovered on your own.

Mine:

1) Mylanta (original) makes the best makeup primer in the world.
2) Egg whites can be used as temporary eye wrinkle minimizer. As a matter of fact, I learned this one many years ago from a makeup artist friend of mine that use to work on the soap operas.

Okay...spill the beans!

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have to disagree with both ShouldHaveLeft and Mrsljamieson here. Mylanta isn't the best makeup primer in the world, Monistat Anti-Chafing gel is better. Vaseline is a petroleum product, which means that while it may seal in moisture initially, it strips more moisture than it holds as it degrades.

Chamomile tea used as a final hair rinse adds shine. Green tea used as a final hair rinse encourages hair growth.
    Next time you eat an avocado, save the peel, turn it inside out and rub it all over your face, neck and upper chest to soften and moisturize.
    Soak a packet of plain unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes. Add 10 drops Rosemary essential oil and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and stir. Apply to damp hair and leave on for 15 minutes to strengthen hair.
    After shaving, use an oil-free moisturizer, such as plain aloe vera gel or juice, to help prevent ingrown hairs.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Not really any secrets, I just know that you shouldn't forget your neck when moisturizing. I always put lotion on my face and neck every night, and every time after I wash my face. I have also found that I can't use a heavy gel in my hair because it's so fine, it weighs it down. I use mousse instead and not much, just on the ends. I have naturally curly fine hair. So there ya have it,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Vaseline is the best makeup remover and moisturizer.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 12:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010