what is the best holiday gift basket you know of....

i am making baskets for my family this year, i have thought about the traditional cookie, cocoa, candy bit... then someone suggested a spa basket so my mil will get that one... good idea! then someone said a movie nite basket (perfect for my lil brother and gf) any more ideas out there??? it cant be too expensive because i dont have a ton to spend but have a little. all ideas are GREATLY appreciate... any ideas for kids too??

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 10:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I WAS JUST TELLING SOME ONE ELSE ABOUT A BREAKFAST BASKET PANCAKE MIX DIFFERENT KIND OF SYRUPS A BOWL TO MIX IN A PANCAKE TURNER MAYBE SOME FRESH OR CANNED FRUIT FOR TOPPING. JUST PICK A THEME AND ADD TO IT TILL YA GET THE THINGS U WANT IN IT.
    lala91172

Answer by lala91172 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• several years ago my sister made one for me for mothers day. It had a loofa, lotion, bath salts a facial mask...a candle..I can't remember what else but I loved it. It wasn't for anyone but ME. She bought a lot of the stuff at Big Lots.
    My mom made one very similiar for my daughter in law to be for her Bridal shower last month.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I THINK YOU CAN JUST ABOUT PUT ANYTHING IN THEM, ONE CAN BE ALL TYPES OF PUZZLES, ONE CAN BE ARTS AND CRAFTS, FOOD, MAKEUP, JUST ADD LITTLE TRINKETS.. I SEEN ONE, IT WA ALL SIZES OF PICTURE FRAMES... GOOD LUCK, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU COME UP WITH.. MOST OF THIS STUFF CAN BE BROUGHT AT THE DOLLARS STORES OR BIG LOTS..
    mosaickathy2

Answer by mosaickathy2 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I've done spa baskets with products I know the recipient likes and uses. I've also made pasta baskets with some of my homemade meat sauce put in there; gives it a more personal touch. I've done arts and crafts baskets (crayons, markers, decorative papers, scissors, stamps and ink pads, etc.) for my nieces and nephews who are into that. There's more but I have to think about it some ...........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I've done makeup ones for my sister. She loves, loves it.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 11:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• For kids I always get them a bunch of stuff like toys and anything else I can find of their favorite characters. Now that I am thinking about it making baskets for everyone is an awsome idea. I like getting my dad different things like sauces to use on meats on the griil cuz he loves cooking on the grill. My mom loves trying new kinds of tea and loves big mugs. I usually get my friends make up and stuff like that. Find out what people like and just put sme things tgether for them. You gave me awsome ideas for Christmas this year, I'm starting a list. Thank you and I hope some of that helps you too.
    bphockeymom20

Answer by bphockeymom20 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2008