• In the Spotlight:

Obama Inauguration Day Jan. 20 2009 - Would you attend if you could?

In order to get into the 2009 Inauguration on January 20th you will need tickets. There are only 240,000 tickets being released to the public, but don't expect to be buying these tickets through Ticketmaster, unless you know a Senator or Representative it's going to be tough to get in. If you are thinking about forging a ticket, think again. The tickets are expected to be pretty close to forge-proof. As a matter of fact, officials won't even say what the tickets look like because of security reasons. The government obviously does not want anyone in the building that may be a threat, but wouldn't it be nice if it was open to the public. The 2009 Inauguration is a major historic event.

MTM

Asked by MTM at 10:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I WOULD DEF. GO!! WE HAVE TOSSED AROUND THE IDEA OF JUST GOING UP THERE IN SUPPORT. I WOULD CERTIANLY BE A WONDERFUL CHANGE FROM THE H-U-G-E PROTEST PARADE THAT WAS PUT ON WHEN BUSH WAS (not) ELECTED FOR THE 2ND TIME
    IT WOULD BE AWSOME TO SEE THAT TYPE OF LOVE OF COUNRTY SPIRIT IN ACTION...
    HATERS: STAY THE FUCK AWAY!!!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It never was a open for everybody. It 's always invites only. Any Inauguration day is historic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No! In all honestly it's no different then any of the other Inauguration of the past!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I would LOVE to go!! How does that work?
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Why not? No matter who was being inaugurated, I'd go! How flippin' cool would it be to be able to tell everyone "Hey! I went to an Inauguration!" How many people can say that? (about 240,000 every four years apparently...)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• NOPE, WOULDN'T GO--DO BELIEVE HE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB--I BELIEVE HE IS ALREADY MISLEADING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, AND EVEN IF I COULD GO--IT WOULD BE A COMPLETE WAST OF TIME AND MONEY.
    Mattie507

Answer by Mattie507 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• pass me your ticket mattie this is history

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• How does that work? MONEY!!! And being a somebody!!! It's NEVER open to the general public!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• lol, If I were rich and important, I would definitely like to go. Too bad I'm neither ^.^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If I had the money and the time off I would love to go to get my 5 minutes with OBAMA
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2008